I thought I would write a bit more about it. I personally love it and in this blog post I will tell you about those key properties that makes Rose flower water a great product.
Rose flower water is a by-product of the production of rose essential oil. It is used to flavour food, has medical applications and is also a beauty product.
The rose itself has always played a prominent role in the perfume industry, due to its natural and wonderful scent. It is no wonder that it has become such an icon in the beauty industry! Having a gentle and delicate scent and being a symbol of feminity, the rose is regarded as the true beauty queen.
Rose flower water (also simply called Rose water or Rose distillate) is one of my favorite skincare products! I have tried many facial mists, but (organic) rose flower distillate is by far the one that I prefer most. My skin is always left incredibly smooth and hydrated. It is a key part of my personal skincare routine (see also my post My skincare routine).
Amongst those benefits are:
- Aromatic: wonderfully fresh, light, and "douce".
- Moisturising: for many centuries it is used to hydrate (facial) skin... and rightly so!
- Soothing and calming: rose flower water soothes any skin type from delicate to mature.
- Anti-ageing: its rejuvenating properties makes it the perfect complementary care for ageing skin.
- Gently tonic and astringent, rose flower water tightens pores and brightens complexion.
- Suitable for sensitive skin: rose flower water is the perfect cleanser complement - skin is left really soft without any hince of irritation.
So, if rose flower water is not yet part of your facial beauty routine, please try it and you might love it as much as I do!
There are a few brands I can recommend: Melvita, Raw Gaia, Balm Balm, Sanoflore.
Do you use any other flower distillate in your skincare routine? Please let me know which one you use!