If your skin shows some signs of discomfort, if your skin feels uncomfortable, a bit tight and a bit itchy or if your skin lacks radiance and has some fine lines, then, your skin may be dehydrated.
What is important to remember is that any skin type (dry, normal, combination, oily) can be dehydrated. Dehydration is a skin condition that occurs when the lipidic barrier from the skin is altered and when the water content decreases. So what to do?
Here are some of the best ways to help and pamper dehydrated skin:
- Drink water. Hydration first comes from within.
- Avoid hot showers or long baths. Hot water dries out the skin.
- Use the beauty products with the right ingredients.
- Hyaluronic acid, urea, glycerin, shea butter are some of the best moisturisers.
- Privilege very soothing cleansing natural beauty products rich in organic plant oils.
- Opt for some rich moisturising day creams that help to restore skin barrier.
- But…. cut out beauty products with strong detergents, alcohol or other irritants (parfum).
Which products to use? Here is my little selection:
Some firm favorite brands of mine for the thermal water are Roche-Posay, Evian, Uriage, Jonzac.
Really good moisturising face cleansers can be found at Pai skincare, Neals Yard Remedies, Aurelia skincare and Acure Organics.
Mychelle Dermaceuticals, 100% Pure, Juice Beauty, Ren Skincare have some excellent moisturising serums.
And finally, Dr Hauschka, Nuxe bio-beaute, Weleda, Melvita have a good choice of soothing face masks.
If you have any other tips, let me know!