To summarize a bit, my little french escapade this summer was divided into 2 parts: starting as usual with some quality times with my family and then off to some sightseeing in the Luberon/Ardeche/Drome provencale (I highly recommend to visit these beautiful areas if you don't know them).
...And today, I would love to share with you some of the various B E A U T Y highlights/findings/thoughts I had while relaxing in these beautiful surroundings. Here there are.
- Thermal water was definitely my best friend those past few weeks. With a heatwave picking up at 40C some days, my Evian/Jonzac/Roche-Posay mists did not let me down (more details here).
- I protected my skin every single day with the Mychelle Dermaceuticals SPF28 (full review here), another great product that I will probably repurchase.
- I kept a very simple beauty routine. Cleanser (review soon), sunscreen, facial mask (review soon) and my amazing serum (review here) were my 4 travelling beauty companions.
- My beauty routine was more an "art de vivre" rather than a serie of skincare steps. I took my time, slowed down my rythm, and kept everything very minimal.
- My "relaxed" skincare approach worked very well. No over-consumption. Just the basics. At the end, I was on holiday!
- I went to visit a plant distillery in the area of Sault (Luberon). It was amazing. And I bought some of their local certified organic floral waters. Can't wait to tell you more about it very soon.
- Organic beauty at an affordable price is very developped in France and easy to access. If you are still doubting, drop me a email and I will direct you to some good brands.
- (Non organic) micellar waters remain very popular in France. I am planning to try some green ones from Melvita and Jonzac just to get an idea. Will keep you posted.
What are your holiday beauty highlights? any thoughts?